Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Never" is a very strong word...

The word “never” is one of the strongest words in the dictionary. It means “Not even once, in the past, present or future - not ever.” It’s an ‘absolute’ word.

The Bible uses the word “never” in 1 Corinthians 13 v 8…. I read it this morning and I started thinking about the bigness of that. In a life where we sometimes succeed and sometimes fail, there is something we can do that will never fail…. Not ever, not even once.

Nick’s going away this weekend and for some reason, I am totally overwhelmed at the thought of being alone for four days. I’ve barely been able to focus because it feels like I’m about to face this MaSSive ChallEnge - Will I cope with our three small children on my own, will I be scared at night, what will we do for fun, how am I gonna get them all to bed at night? I know - It sounds ridiculous but for some reason, this thing has me gripped with fear! My brilliant plan was to (a) survive and (b) count down the days until he gets back. Good plan Batman! It took me days to come up with that one…lol

Anyway, the point is I haven’t been myself this week and when I read 1 Corinthians 13, the word “never” stcuk out to me… I haven’t been a great wife this week and I haven’t been a great parent. I’ve been lost in my own thoughts and biting my nails… Absent minded… my mind’s been absent… And I’ve been wondering – how will I ever get it right to be a godly wife, a wise and loving parent, a faithful friend AND use all my gifts to the max to grow the kingdom?

I want to become 1 Corinthians 13.

What is impossible with man, is possible with God. He can turn me into 1 Corinthians 13. Come on Lord – instill these things so deep in me that no-one and nothing can pull them out!

“Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love NEVER fails.”

No comments:

Post a Comment