Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Anastasia's little miracle

Guess what happened today! My little girl got a taste of the kingdom of God. I watched it happen and I knew in my heart what was going on. Anastasia always gives everything away. Seriously. Not half her packet of sweets, the whole packet… Not her worst toy that she doesn’t play with, her best toy that she loves… And she does it with a joyful heart. Nobody tells her to do it and she never moans later about the things she’s given up. It truly must be something the Lord has put in her and I never try and curb it. I”ll say to her sometimes “Stashe, you don’t have to give that way Babes,” but I’ll never say no… even if it is something I just spent a whole lot of bucks on!… The reason I don’t ever stop her is because I would never want to rob her of her reward in heaven.

The Bible says

 “It is more blessed to give than too receive” – Acts 20 v 35

 “I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.” – Mark 9 v41

 “Freely you have received, freely give.” – Matthew 10 v 8

 “Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” – Mark 12 v 43 – 44

Time and time again, I have seen that you can not out-give God because He owns way more than you’ll ever own. The Bible is so clear when it says “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.” (Galations 6 v 7).

God tells us to consider eternity in every decision we make – "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” (Matthew 6 v 19 and 20). This scripture has become my goal in life. Every time we do anything for somebody no matter how small because they are a disciple, the Bible says we will get our reward in heaven. A reward that moth and dust CAN NOT destroy and a reward that will last an eternity. It takes real faith to live this way, because you have to believe God at His word and live for eternity rather than for this short life, which the Bible calls just a breath (Job 7 v 7). This short life comes and goes and we can choose to build up our treasures here where moth and dust will destroy, or to build up our treasures in heaven where nothing will destroy.

On that day when we stand at the gateway of eternity (and it will come for everyone, that is a 100% certainty), the Bible says our works are going to be tested by fire. The pointless, arbitrary, selfish things are going to be burnt up, but every little thing we did for Christ will stand the test and the Bible says we will not be without our reward for these things. (1 Corinthian 3 v 13, 14 and 15) Isn’t that exciting? I find that so cool…

The kingdom of God does not operate the way the world operates. God says “Seek first the Kingdom of God and all his righteousness, and I will provide what you need.” (Matthew 6 v 33) And God doesn’t have a short memory. He wants to bless us! The Bible says “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” (Matthew 7 v 11)

When we were doing well in about 2006, we felt God tell us to give someone a car. So we did. We didn’t know why him of all people, we just listened and did it, anonymously. After we gave it, our faith was so built up by the wisdom and mercy of our God in that guy’s life – we realized that he could now get to work and earn a living and he could also go fetch his kids and spend time with them on a regular basis – a lot of fruit from a small bit of obedience. Years later, when we had lost everything in the property market crash, we returned back to SA and needed a car. Lo and behold, someone gave us a car. Things like this happen all the time in the Kingdom of God. God loves a cheerful giver and He himself is a cheerful giver. He’s looking for people to be his hands and feet on earth, to notice who has need and to give without counting the cost. Why? Not because he needs our little goods but because what we do with our goods shows where our heart lies! And the thing that God is most interested in is our heart. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matthew 6 v 21).

This is so exciting to me. Watching God in action is so faith-building…. Which brings me back to Anastasia. When she got into the car today, she had a sweet sosatie from school. It looked so yummy. She immediately gave the whole thing to Christian as she got into the car. I said to her “Stashe, you don’t have to.” She said “I want to.” And that was that. We then went to the Crazy Store and Christian chose something he wanted and Anastasia chose something she wanted. I told them they would both have to save up to get it. On our way out of the shop, a lady came to me and said “I just feel I need to buy your little girl the thing she wants.” So the lady told her to run and choose and paid for it at the till. Anastasia left with that little desire of her heart and Christian with nothing. He has said to me “You’re not fair Mom. How can you not buy me what I want?” I said “But Christian, I said to you both I’m not buying anything. A stranger gave Anastasia what she wanted and quietly thought to myself “I can’t get in the way of God. When He opens a door, no man can close it.” (

About 6 months ago, someone who Anastasia has never met walked upto her and said “My girl, at your young age, you already have an inheritance in heaven. You already have rewards stored up there.” You go, my precious girl. And I hope Mommy takes a leaf out of your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment