Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If you want to love with me - Nick's song

Oh my word! We're moving house so I was dusting off old photos and items and carefully packing them for the move when I came across this! This is a song by Keith Green that I wrote on a serviette for Nick the night we got engaged.

"If you want to love with me, love with me then,
I only ask that you still be my friend,
For there are many where friendships unknown,
They live together, but really alone.
And the days go their ways in silence,
Tense hours of woe,
We do not mean to have it so.

I know that sometimes I'm harder to love,
I thrash out blindly, like nothing's thought of,
So won't you help me to help you be sure,
God only knows that I want to be pure.
But the world keeps it promise daily, pulling me down,
But it can't hide what I have found.

So I will love you, and love you I do,
It's not complete yet, but you know we're not through
And the days go their ways in blessings,
Moments of truth,
We truly dare not waste our youth
You want to love with me, love with me then."

I remember how I felt when I gave him that serviette. I had a fear of ending up with one of those marriages you often see in a restaurant - the ones where no-one talks and they just eat in silence and look around and then leave. Whenever I saw couples like that, I thought "Oh God, please rather let us fight than end up like that. At least if you're fighting, you know you both still care." So that's why he got the serviette after he proposed... :)

Anyway, I often communicate in songs and I've had many for Nick... I bombard the poor man with a new song for every season of our lives... When we moved to the UK with two small children and the clothes on our back, our song became "Umbrella" by Rihanna.

"Because, when the sun shines, we shine together.
Told you I'd be here forever.
Said I'd always be your friend.
Took an oath I would stick it out to the end.
Now that it's raining more than ever.
Know that we still have each other.
You can stand under my umbrella.
You can stand under my umbrella."

Thinking back we've had quite a ride! Nothing boring about the life I've have had with Nick. I might die of a heart attack but I won't die of boredom!

I was looking at him playing on the carpet with the kids the other day and thinking about:
a)how good looking he is and
b)how he takes night duty with Jasmine every night so that I can sleep
and I thought to myself "How did I get such a diamond in the rough?" Nobody knows his faults better than I do. I've watched him survive the toothpaste test and I am sure of one thing - Nick is one of God's favourites... gifted, anointed and highly favoured. God has taken so much time, care and effort working on his foundations. As in Braveheart, we've heard Him say "Hold! Hold!" but the time must surely be near for the "God of the Suddenlies" to say "Now!"

God, you are good to me. Not a day goes by without me knowing it xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment